camel-users mailing list archives

From JamesG <>
Subject CXF - unmarshal error due to special characters
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:32:02 GMT

I've some CXF services with the following abilities:
a)  Retrieve from database via JDBC
b)  Retrieve from another system via TCP (netty)

I build the corresponding response java object and let Camel
perform the unmarshalling, in which after that CXF would
return the SOAP response to the caller. Everything works fine
until I encountered some non-unicode data from both
of the channels (database and TCP response).

CXF not able to unmarshal this and end up failing.
I did some research and found things like filterNonXmlChars
property with JaxbDataFormat. But I'm just using CXF,
not Jaxb directly.

Any advises for me to move forward?