camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOMs with Dropbox Camel module
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:56:22 GMT
Hi

Yeah you can take a look at how some of the dataformats does that as
they have out of bands streaming support with Camel's stream caching
http://camel.apache.org/stream-caching.html

We love contributions, so you are very welcome to look into this and
provide a PR / patch. And to log a JIRA ticket.
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Edoardo Causarano
<edoardo.causarano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just moved code from dev to testing and found that in real-life the DropBox component
blows apart in OOMs. Seems that it’s using plain BAOS (sic) to buffer remote data which
is not a particularly good idea when you have no idea how big the files will be (or you’re
pretty certain they’re in the multiple GB range.)

> I’d rather not implement a client from scratch so I’d appreciate some guidance on
how to fix the existing camel-dropbox component to use stream-caching.

--
Claus Ibsen