camel-users mailing list archives

From Stan Clowes <>
Subject AWS S3 Consumer Bug
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:14:39 GMT

I've had a search through the issues but I think this is still a bug.
When an object is consumed from an AWS S3 endpoint it doesn't retrieve the
userMetadata correctly

The code here:

sets the S3Constants.S3_HEADERS header as so:

message.setHeader(S3Constants.S3_HEADERS, objectMetadata.getRawMetadata());

This is using a method that is internal - see:

In addition the rawMetadata seems to hold many (if not all) of the other
headers thats are retrieved explicitly e.g. Content-Type, Content-Length
etc; but doesn't hold userMetadata

It should do this:

message.setHeader(S3Constants.S3_HEADERS, objectMetadata.getUserMetadata());

If you want to get the userMetadata from the object.

I have doen some tests with the SDK writing and reading objects with

Thought I would post here before I raise an issue.