camel-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Colwell <>
Subject Re: Camel-Maven-Plugin, Felix.Connect, and configAdminFileName
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 01:26:36 GMT
Grzegorz -- I did find your post in my travels. Thank you for putting it
together it is very informative and helpful.

In this example:
  <cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="stuff" placeholder-prefix="{{"
      <cm:property name="my.resources.config.folder"
value="src/test/resources" />
      <cm:property name="my.resources.config.file"
value="" />
      <cm:property name="my.context.messageHistory" value="true" />

Do you just typically set your defaults to your local settings and skip
providing it via a file? I think referencing content out of "src/test" is
probably safe as that content likely wouldn't be present in a production
bundle. I'm a little concerned about baking development tier configurations
in as defaults. I'm curious how others handle the separation of deploying
code and configuration.

I also found this example today:
which it looks like the author would use the blueprint propertyplaceholders
for production/karaf but then runs the app with exec:java and loads the
properties with properties component instead of camel:run for local
development. Is this common? Is camel:run considered an anti-pattern at all
for local development?

Ryan Colwell