camel-users mailing list archives

From PhilG <pgo...@gmail.com>
Subject MetricsMessageHistoryFactory.java:138 Generate a NPE
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:03:09 GMT
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to play with Spring-boot camel and metrics to expose dashboard.

Hawtio is a great tools to check what it's going on at runtime but no
persistence is done. We would like to persist statistics in prometheus by
example.

I configure camel context with MetricsMessageHistoryFactory as:

    MetricsMessageHistoryFactory metricsMessageHistoryFactory = new
MetricsMessageHistoryFactory();
    metricsMessageHistoryFactory.setMetricsRegistry(metricRegistry);
    camelContext.setMessageHistoryFactory(metricsMessageHistoryFactory);

where metricRegistry is injected with:
  /**
   * Srping Boot metrics
   */
  @Autowired
  private MetricRegistry metricRegistry;

Everything is ok until I passed in OnExceptionRoute. It seems that the
routeId is set to Null in this case and generate a NPE (line
MetricsMessageHistoryFactory:138) in the exception route. Route causing the
NPE:$

onException(NoAttachmentToProcessException.class)
        .routeId(RouteIds.TECHNICAL_ERROR_HANDLING.routeId())
        .log(LoggingLevel.ERROR,"TECHNICAL ERROR:
${exchangeProperty.CamelExceptionCaught}")

Any reason why routeId on log component is null ?

Thanks,
Phil

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5789943/CamelMetricsMessageHistoryFactory.png>