camel-users mailing list archives

From DariusX <dariuscoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on multicast to pipelines
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 17:27:40 GMT
Ah, I didn't understand what you were saying before.
Your point is that these two should be synonymous, even if they're enclosed
in a multicast()...end():

1) This...
     .*pipeline("direct:A", "direct:B")*

2) and this...
     .*pipeline().to("direct:C").to("direct:D").end()*

but only the second one works the way you expect.
The first one sends the same input to both routes (i.e. does not send the
output of A to B)

It does seem odd, and a brief test confirms the behavior you describe (
Sample code here
<https://github.com/DariusX/CamelSandbox/blob/master/CamelSandbox/src/main/java/com/zerses/camelsandbox/MulticastPipelinesTest.java)>

)

Looking at  the Camel code - Line 1165
<https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/model/ProcessorDefinition.java>

, that version of pipeline(String...uri) is simply a synonym for
to(String...uri), which would explain how it is working.

Someone else would need to speak to how it *ought* to work, but I agree it
does not seem intuitive as-is.