camel-users mailing list archives

From "Goyal, Arpit" <arpit.go...@sap.com>
Subject Looping in routes using Direct Component - Performance impact?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 22:31:31 GMT
Hi,

We currently are on 2.16.3 version and can't use the loop function (part of 2.17). So we have
the following routes based on which we create sort of loop with switch case. Now we are worried
about the performance (when we see stacktrace of camel processing)

Route 1:  from("direct:s1).to("read one page of data").process("process one page").to("direct:s2");

Route 2:  from("direct:s2").toD("go to external source").when("are more pages left").to("direct:s1").otherwise().process("end
processing");

Now if there are thousands of pages, it is possible that this loop creates lot of objects
in memory & can create performance issue? Is there a way for Camel to be told, before
going to route 1 again, forget all the past? Is disabling HISTORY would solve that?

Regards,
Arpit.