camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Losing mi sanity on pipeline testing
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 08:15:39 GMT
I suggest to read the testing page and start tests with only mock
endpoints first.

Look at some of the examples and how they may have unit tests

And consider buy one of the Camel books that covers Camel in much better details

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Edoardo Causarano
<edoardo.causarano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m trying to do something relatively simple, yet it’s been eluding me for hours
already!

> I’d like to have a timer trigger a broadcast to a couple pipelines to invoke a remote
cloud component, transform the responses to a common type and merge the results in one homogenous
list to further process.

> It’s been a nightmare so far and even testing is proving to be nigh impossible, even
this simple setup is failing with a :

> @Override
> protected RouteBuilder createRouteBuilder() {
>     return new RouteBuilder() {
>         @Override
>         public void configure() throws Exception {
>             from("direct:start").pipeline()
>                     .to("dataset:source")
>                     .to("dropBoxTranslator")
>                     .end()
>                 .to("mock:result");
>         }
>     };
> }
>
> Seems that the dataset endpoint tries to assert that its’ own output equal the dummy
string I sent from the direct:start producer to execute an exchange (in org.apache.camel.component.dataset.DataSetSupport#assertMessageExpected).
What on earth is going on?!

--
Claus Ibsen