camel-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IDE for newer Camel versions using Camel Spring Boot
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:52:57 GMT
Hi

Yeah it was a bug in the tooling. Its because you dont have a
src/main/webapp folder.

Are you using latest release of the camel addon?
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22io.fabric8.forge%22%20AND%20a%3A%22camel%22

The latest today is 2.3.60



On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice video indeed, however on asking to edit an endpoint in IDEA 2016.2.5 I
> get "No Facet of type [interface
> org.jboss.forge.addon.projects.facets.WebResourcesFacet] is installed."
>
> Not sure I know where this needs to be reported as a bug - is it a JBoss
> thing, a fabic8 thing, or a Camel thing?
>
> On 24 October 2016 at 08:17, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> There is also the fabric8 Camel forge tooling for Apache Camel
>> http://fabric8.io/guide/forge.html
>>
>> As well the maven plugin to validate your Camel endpoints/expressions
>> http://fabric8.io/guide/camelMavenPlugin.html
>>
>> The forge tooling works in any IDE such as Eclipse, IDEA or NetBeans.
>> I recorded a video in the start of the year
>> http://www.davsclaus.com/2015/12/video-of-apache-camel-
>> tooling-to-edit.html
>>
>> For graphical drag and drop then there is as you say JBoss Eclipse
>> tooling for Camel where a new version was recently released that
>> support Camel 2.17.x
>> http://lhein.blogspot.se/2016/10/jboss-fuse-tooling-80-for-
>> eclipse-mars.html
>>
>> The real power of Camel is that you do NOT need any tooling, its just
>> java, scala, groovy or xml code. The more skilled (Camel) developers I
>> hear just uses their IDE of choice/
>>
>> Though for Spring Boot users I do like the auto completion tooling
>> that IDEA has when editing application.properties where you can get
>> code assistance to see all the options you can configure, and with
>> documentation.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Pontus Ullgren <ullgren@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I know about JBoss Tools Camel Tooling and been using it. It works great
>> as
>> > long as we stayed with the RedHat supported versions of Camel and JBoss
>> > Fuse. But lately we have moved away from this and going with Camel Spring
>> > Boot and more up to date versions of Camel.
>> >
>> > The main reason for this is to get new features faster.
>> >
>> > The problem now is that JBoss Tools does not handle this combination
>> well.
>> > But that is a JBoss specific issue so that is not what I want to discuss
>> > here. There is other forums for this.
>> >
>> > Instead my question: What do you use for developing your Camel based
>> > applications ?
>> > I quickly tested Spring Tool Suite which kind of give us most of what we
>> > look for including good support for gradle. But hope to get some more
>> > suggestions.
>> >
>> > We mostly use the Spring XML DSL to define the routes but also some Java
>> > DSL.
>> > Code completion and some tooltips in XML editing mode is a requirement.
>> > Graphical visualisation and editing of the routes is a bonus but I assume
>> > that JBoss Tools is the only one that supports this.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any insight you can share
>> > Pontus
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>>



-- 
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Mime
View raw message