camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Clarify why lazy-loaded component mapping files are properties files that aren't labeled as such
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 20:52:03 GMT

Welcome to the Camel community.

Those files are for Camel component developers. The file is used for
component discovery so Camel can automatic find components from the

As a Camel *end user* you should not use those files. Instead if you
want to configure Camel components / routes / endpoints etc you can do
that in many ways. For example using property placeholders which you
can read about here:

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:30 PM, KARR, DAVID <> wrote:
> I haven't really used Camel yet, I'm just reading the manual to familiarize myself with
it, as some projects I'll be working with use it.
> I noticed that the way you define the lazy-loaded mappings for components uses properties
files that aren't labeled as properties files.  For instance, to define the mapping for a
component named "foo", you place a file named just "foo" in "META-INF/services/org/apache/camel/component",
instead of "".
> I can deal with this, but it just seems odd.  Is there any background on why it was done
this way?

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message