camel-users mailing list archives

From Pontus Ullgren <>
Subject IDE for newer Camel versions using Camel Spring Boot
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2016 19:35:32 GMT

I know about JBoss Tools Camel Tooling and been using it. It works great as
long as we stayed with the RedHat supported versions of Camel and JBoss
Fuse. But lately we have moved away from this and going with Camel Spring
Boot and more up to date versions of Camel.

The main reason for this is to get new features faster.

The problem now is that JBoss Tools does not handle this combination well.
But that is a JBoss specific issue so that is not what I want to discuss
here. There is other forums for this.

Instead my question: What do you use for developing your Camel based
applications ?
I quickly tested Spring Tool Suite which kind of give us most of what we
look for including good support for gradle. But hope to get some more

We mostly use the Spring XML DSL to define the routes but also some Java
Code completion and some tooltips in XML editing mode is a requirement.
Graphical visualisation and editing of the routes is a bonus but I assume
that JBoss Tools is the only one that supports this.

Thanks for any insight you can share