camel-users mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <>
Subject Re: MIME-Mutipart DataFormat streaming?
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 08:52:13 GMT
Thanks Stephan, that's what I feared.
Are there any suggested alternatives to this?
In my case I have Camel at both ends of an HTTP connection so hope
there's some solution.
I would typically have a small body, and a small number of attachments,
but these could potentially be very large. Seems like I should be able
to use multipart form, but I'm not sure how to ensure its 100% streamed
at both ends?

On 26/10/2016 06:43, Siano, Stephan wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> The MIME-Multipart DataFormat uses javamail as the underlying technology. The DataFormat
is using streaming as far as the DataFormat is concerned, but I fear that javamail as such
keeps a lot of stuff in memory so there is very likely no full streaming with that component
available. For marshalling this might work with streaming as long as the component providing
the Camel Message with its attachments is stream capbable, but for unmarshalling, I think
that the javamail component will create ByteArrayDataSources at least for the attachments.
> Best regards
> Stephan

View raw message