camel-users mailing list archives

From Leo Prince <leoprin...@gmail.com>
Subject camel-kafka Consumer to stop reading new messages and process only inflight messages.
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:59:00 GMT
Hi Camel Users,

We are using camel-kafka consumer to read message from Kafka.While
performing Production deployment we kill this Java project and install a new
jar. We use systemctl to manage java processes. While doing systemctl stop
{java_process) I assume the inflight messages are lost. In camel route I am
looking for something like stop processing new messages in Kafka and I can
wait for all the inflight messages to complete and then stop the
java_process in systemctl and deploy the new jar.

Thanks!