camel-users mailing list archives

From Vik <>
Subject Set camel route based on timer or a count variable
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 19:39:04 GMT
I want to invoke another camel route based on a counter value or after
certain time has passed whichever happens first. For example, if count has
reached N before timer is invoked, I want to reset the timer and invoke the
route. Similarly, if timer is invoked, reset the count and invoke the route.
I looked at content based routing but, how would I deal with Timer part?

I can do it in Java using ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor to cancel the task if
count is reached and then invoke route in java. But, I was wondering if
there is an easy way to do it with camel. I am new to Camel, so not aware
about advanced functionality it can provide.