camel-users mailing list archives

From sim085 <sim...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't understand what inOnly is doing
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:22:40 GMT

Just want to highlight that I have my reservations on point 3.

>From what I can see the ExchangePattern parameter doesn't determine
anything. The same applies for calling something using inOut or inOnly.

Again from what I can see from the examples I have tried out, what
determines if the parent route will wait or not for the sub-route to
complete, or if the message used by the parent is the IN passed to the
sub-route or the OUT of the sub-route ALL DEPENDS on if the sub-route, i.e.
- if the sub route care less about the Exchange Pattern with which it has
been called or not.

I do not know if anyone can share an example where this is not so?

DariusX wrote