camel-users mailing list archives

From kaustubhkane <>
Subject Unmarshal fixed length Binary data
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 13:35:44 GMT

We have a fixed length Binary data.

I am looking at the Bindy Data Format and found that it supports
unmarshalling of Fixed Length records.

I looked at the implementation/code of this Bindy Fixed Lenght records in
the Camel Source code ( and

I looked at the function createModel in and
found that it assumes one record equivalent to one line (i.e. each record
will be in a separate line). Which means at the completion of record there
will be a newline character in the file so that next record starts from a
new line.

For this reason, it seems to me that Bindy Data Format will not be able to
unmarshal fixed lenght binary data. In Binary mode files there are no lines
and rows. You don't read in lines in case of binary data/files. That only
works with text files.

Could someone please provide details on what Data Format can be used to
unmarshal Fixed lenght binary data??

I am looking at an appropriate data format to which I can provide a model
and using that model it will read the data and create a POJO for me. Just
like what Bindy does.

Kaustubh Kane