camel-users mailing list archives

From Brad Johnson <brad.john...@mediadriver.com>
Subject Re: CDI before Camel 2.17?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:23:41 GMT
Excellent. That's pretty much what I'm looking for since I recognize it is
a matter of evolving toward that and not needing to jump into it whole hog.

I can probably live with CamelTestSupport with out the CDI runner for the
time being as well.  Part of the problem is the underlying mechanisms
aren't obvious to me since I've been using Spring and then Blueprint for so
long and I've  pretty much always gone with hand wiring of internals.

I'm not sure where the future is going with Blueprint, DS, SCR, CDI, Spring
Boot, Delta Spike, etc. but the Camel RouteBuilder will be germane in all
situations and for now I'm using Blueprint for very basic bootstrap.

While I commonly use OSGi services and export and reference them from my
bundles, to be honest I could live without them if necessary.  I mean the
great benefit for me in using OSGi with Camel is the classloader
segregation and ability to hide internal classes in a bundle.  But I can
always run routes between bundles to accomplish much the same thing that
service provide and, in a way, it is more portable.

But the ease of wiring that CDI provides is compelling and I'm very excited
about that future.