camel-users mailing list archives

From Brad Johnson <>
Subject Camel SCR and CDI
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2016 00:38:05 GMT
I've been working a bit with both the Camel SCR and CDI lately.  The CDI is
quite impressive and works very well. SCR I'm not so certain about yet.

What I'm really unsure about is if they are compatible and can be used
together.  I don't suppose there is anything that technically keeps them
from working together but the examples of Camel SCR use the AbstractCamel
runner which requires a list of route builders.

The Camel CDI automatically runs RouteBuilders it finds that are marked as
such so it might end up with two of them making two starts.

Are they not supposed to be used together?

Part of what makes this a real question for me know is the Kura library as
well.  It has an OSGi way of exposing it to the world.

<scr:component name="org.eclipse.kura.example.camel.MyKuraRouter"
activate="activate" deactivate="deactivate" enabled="true" immediate="true">
  <implementation class="org.eclipse.kura.example.camel.MyKuraRouter"/>

So it's difficult to imagine how all three of those technologies might be
used together or if they should be used together.

Any insights or thoughts or guesses are appreciated.