camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Default ThreadPool Role in camel 2.16.1
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 10:09:11 GMT

No Jetty has its own thread pooling, and you need to configure it
using options on the jetty component

The thread pools in Camel is when you configure an explicit thread
pool on a component that is of ExecutorService type. And also for all
the EIPs that has thread pools.

You can find some details at

And I suggest if you want deeper knowledge then pickup a copy of the
Camel in Action book.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Debraj Manna <> wrote:
> Can some please explain me how does threadPool works in camel?
> Let's say I have a default threadPool defined in camelContext:-
> <threadPoolProfile id="defaultThreadPoolProfile"
> defaultProfile="true" poolSize="50" maxPoolSize="500" maxQueueSize="5000"
> rejectedPolicy="CallerRuns" />
> Also let's say I have some routes defined as below:-
> from("jetty:http://localhost:8888/orchestratorservice").process(processor);
> from("direct:setStatusToReadyToShip").to("bean:orderHelper?method=setStatusToReadyToShip")
> Will the threads in jetty be limited by the size of
> defaultThreadPoolProfile?
> Also let's say I create one more threadPool of size greater than the pool
> size of defaultThreadPoolProfile in the orderBeans, how will this
> threadPool behave?
> If I don't define any defaultThreadPool in camelContext what default values
> it take?

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message