camel-users mailing list archives

From garybarker <gary.bar...@first-utility.com>
Subject Queue batching solution
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 10:39:13 GMT
Is there a good camel way to batch requests for multiple types appearing on a
queue?
For instance I wish to listen on an AMQ queue for all events and then after
an event limit, or a timeout, we forward on the separate batches as a list
to a rest service.  Something like:

from(fromEndpoint).routeId(ROUTE_ID)
            .aggregate(constant("batch"), new
EventTypeAggregationStrategy())
            .completionSize(1000)
            .completionInterval(3600000)
            .beanRef("eventAdaptorClient", "send")
.end();

Is it then possible to hold those messages for, say, an hour without
committing them (or losing them on a failure), or would a different solution
be preferable?