camel-users mailing list archives

From Bernard Christ Redahan <redah...@tcd.ie>
Subject EJB Consumer Endpoint
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 08:45:49 GMT
Hello,

I wish to use an EJB as a consumer endpoint. I know I cant do this using
the ejb component as the endpoint is producerOnly=true.
The plan is to make remote calls to the EJB and have this as the event
driven consumer. I am aware I could just have the EJB external to camel
sending direct input to the camel route but was hoping to avoid doing it
this way.

So my question is this: Is there a good reason I shouldn't create a custom
ejb component to do this? And is there a reason that this type of
functionality was excluded from the ejb component in the fist palce?

Thanks for any response to this!