camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel logs whole message body in case of org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException "Cannot write body:"
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 06:23:00 GMT
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:00 PM, rvdlinden <Linden@zorgdomein.nl> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. When i look into the source code of the
> org.apache.camel.component.mina2.Mina2Helper, from which this
> CamelExchangeException originates, i see that writeBody() includes the body
> to the Exception's message String. Maybe i'm missing something, but I don't
> see how a setting on the Error Handler could fix that without omitting the
> whole exception message. We do use Camel 2.17, yet it logs the full message
> body in the case of this exception.

Then log a JIRA to make camel-mina2 improved to not output the body in
that exception.
http://camel.apache.org/support.html

And you are welcome to work on a patch / PR to fix that

> I think what's left for us is either to somehow catch all
> CamelExchangeExceptions, match for the 'cannot write body' in the
> Exception's message string and throw a filtered exception that does not
> contain the message's body; or not use Mina2, but use a different transport
> library (we're actually considering camel-mllp, but that needs more
> research). Do you see any other possibility to solve this?

You can configure error handler to use log level OFF but I guess you
maybe still want some kind of error logging if an error happens.
But you can tweak how often is logged and if any redelivery attempts
is logged etc.

But yeah you can certainly also do a catch all and filter/change the
exception as you pleaase.