camel-users mailing list archives

From Fran├žois LIOT <>
Subject Re: Failing to extract text with Camel PDF component
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 08:02:20 GMT

I know my answer won't be an exact answer to your question,

But this is a really acceptable workaround,

Have a look to Camel-Tika component.

Old stuff, but perfectly working

From: Luc Engelen <>
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 9:28:42 AM
Subject: Failing to extract text with Camel PDF component

I'm trying to extract text from PDF files using the Camel PDF component.
Unfortunately, I'm running into a NullPointerException each time I send a
PDF file to the component. I've set up a route in a Camel test that connects
a direct component to a PDF component. When I send PDF files to the direct
component, the exception is thrown once the message reaches the PDF

The exception is thrown in the class PdfProducer. The line "PDDocument
document = exchange.getIn().getBody(PDDocument.class);" in this class
results in document being null. When a method is called on document, the
NullPointerException is thrown. As far as I can tell, this is the result of
a missing TypeConverter.

The failing test is available on Github:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,