camel-users mailing list archives

From djBo <>
Subject Re: Installation in Karaf fails since 2.17
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:57:21 GMT

Looking closer at the mentioned issue, it is clear this won't be fixed very
The camel-crew believes this is an ActiveMQ problem, whilst it is clear that
it is the camel project at fault.

Claus Ibsen wrote
> Its really not a Camel problem. Its ActiveMQ itself that needs to do
> better at OSGi and install and support what it uses.
> There is a somewhat crappy activemq-osgi module that has some old
> spring-dm code directly using a spring osgi bundle class and whatnot.

To be honest, this statement is kinda false. I've been checking the various
ActiveMQ versions not only in Karaf, but also at the source level. There are
barely any huge changes regarding spring. But looking at the source changes
between Camel 2.16.3 and 2.17.0, it is clear that the the project wants a
lot more spring than before, which is clearly shown when installing it in
karaf (where the 2.17 series installs *three* (3) different versions of

Digging further, it seems there isn't an issue made for Camel itself
regarding this problem, so it'll remain until some dev at camel will pick
this one  up and realize it's *not* an activemq issue lol