camel-users mailing list archives

From Ranx <brad.john...@mediadriver.com>
Subject Re: File2 Consumer - Multiple file problem
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 02:47:29 GMT
That depends on a lot of other processing issues.  Are you actually reading
the contents of the text files or just ftp'ing them to a remote location?
Do you have any control over the remote location?  The reason I ask is you
could have two routes set up.  The first might look for *.txt files and FTP
them to a temporary directory on the remote site.  The second route would
look for the *.xml and then FTP that to the temporary remote directory and
then do an FTP rename to move those from the temporary remote directory to
their final location.

But that depends on a lot of things like how may files are you talking about
is it thousands of files per hour or just a few every night?  Once the files
have been streamed to the remote temporary directory the rename function
will move them on the remote drive for you in an atomic fashion.

But that's a lot of guessing on my part without knowing exactly what you're
trying to accomplish.