camel-users mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <>
Subject Re: .choice(), .when() not working as expected in the camel route
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 15:34:14 GMT
Components differ in how they deal with application errors.

For example, the HL7 codecs for camel-netty4 and camel-mina2 don’t interrogate HL7 acknowledgements
so they don’t raise exceptions when an HL7 NACK is received - they just return the acknowledgement
in the body.  Since I attempt to resend messages when I receive an HL7 AE NACK, I want an
exception so I can use the onException stuff, and that was a little painful using the camel-hl7
codecs.  So camel-mllp raises specific exceptions for the different types of HL7 NACKS, so
I can use standard camel error handling more easily.  (BTW - this was one of reasons I wrote
camel-mllp in the first place).

If I’m using HAPI to process the message, I still have the unmarshal call and an onException
handler for the HAPI HL7Exception to deal with parse errors (and other HAPI errors)

Hope that helps