camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resequencer in distributed environment
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 09:05:30 GMT
Its not distributed, and its in-memory only for a single camel context.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Siano, Stephan <stephan.siano@sap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody ever tried to use a resequencer in a distributed environment (e.g. with two
cluster nodes doing message processing)? I am well aware that the sequencer pattern as such
does not scale, but it might be necessary to have multiple cluster nodes for availability
reasons or to scale out with other processing steps that are executed before the resequencer.

> From what I have found in the code the current resequencer implementation relies on running
on instance, but the documentation does not say anything about it.

> Am I correct with my assumptions or did I miss something (e.g. some distributed sequencer
implementation in some camel component)?

> Has anybody successfully used the resequencer in a HA scenario (and can give some hints
about the approach used for that)?

--
Claus Ibsen