camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Camel Design Patterns ebook
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2016 11:01:34 GMT

Bilgin, its an awesome book you have done.

I have enjoyed reading the patterns so far I have got. Love that you
start with the VETRO pattern that I have used a lot in the past. Back
then in the old days, as an architect, you wrote many word
documentations with text and figures. And many of our integration
designs followed the vetro for those someway basic integrations but
where there is a alot of those for that kind of integrations.

And the error handling patterns is a gold mine. I am still reading the book.

Maybe when we get a new Camel website we can start add some of these
patterns to the EIP list where we can add a bit of content there too.
Well we dont necessary need a new website, but imho its not fun to do
docs with the old wiki system we have today.

Bilgin, I hope you get a chance to do a 2nd book on integration
patterns using cloud platforms such as kubernetes, openshift, mesos,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Bilgin Ibryam <> wrote:
> Hi Camel riders,
> tl;dr - check the sample [4] and ToC at the end of the PDF.
> This is a quick heads up about the Camel ebook I published recently.
> It is on Amazon [1] and LeanPub [2] and I believe it is very relevant
> for the users on this list.
> I've been using Camel for a number of years now and I've seen tens of
> different projects with different customers. Regardless of the stack
> and the architecture, Camel has always been the key to the timely
> delivery of the projects and source of joy for developers (that latter
> might be my perception since my bias though).
> During the years I've been getting many questions around designing and
> best practises with Camel based applications. I regularly blog about
> my Camel experiences [3], but this time thought that it is more than a
> blog post or two. So, during the last couple of month I manged to put
> my experiences with Camel into an e-book. It doesn't contain any Camel
> syntax, code examples, or EIP explanations. Instead it contains common
> patterns, use cases, (best) practises, tips to be aware of. It has
> around 20 patterns/practises/use cases, with diagrams explained over
> 35K words.
> I cover concepts such as VETRO, Reusable routes, Error Handling,
> Compensating Transactions, Circuit Breaker (hey have you tried the
> Camel-Hystrix connector in master?), different types of retries, etc.
> A free sample chapter is available here [4]. If interested, also check
> the list of patterns at the end of the book to get a better idea.
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]
> [4]
> I've enjoying writing it. Hope you find it useful too.
> --
> Bilgin Ibryam
> Camel Committer at ASF & Integration Architect at Red Hat
> Blog: | Twitter: @bibryam
> Camel Design Patterns
> Instant Apache Camel Message Routing

Claus Ibsen