camel-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <>
Subject Re: Blueprint(Spring) DSL vs JAVA DSL
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:13:51 GMT
I agree with Brad's points and if you asked 100 people you'd probably
get a fairly even mix of preferences. I would favor Blueprint over Spring.

I've been helping organizations adopt Camel for 8+ years and have
generally found blueprint to be the best mix for long term support and
ramp-up of junior and mid-level resources. I tend to see the Java DSL
preference in Sr resources and folks doing really complex tasks.

Additionally, I find a fully loaded route with configuration, error
handling, data sources, logging can be complicated for junior and
mid-level resources to grok when they are gearing up. Additionally,
sharing data sources and services via OSGi is super handy, and an
efficient transition for folks coming from Spring / JEE concepts.

I do think that the biggest gain to be had is being standardized across
the organization vs figuring out which has some minor benefit or trade-off.

My $0.02