camel-users mailing list archives

From Sven Bauhan <sven.bau...@ast.dfs.de>
Subject Context component with response reply protocol:how to handle timeout in onCompletion with exception?
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:24:02 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement a protocol (called ATS-M), which splits
messages for transportation and aggregates on receiving.
When the receiver gets correct segments, it returns response messages.
The sender waits for these response messages.
So it works asynchronously cause the sender cannot wait for a response
before sending another segment.

To use this implementation as a library it is implemented in a camel
context component.

The sender has to wait for responses and if no response is received it
has to react after a given timeout time.

So I tried to implement this behaviour in a camel route using an
aggregator waiting for a response message.
When a timeout occured, I tried to throw an exception, but this is not
propagated out of the aggregation.

Then I tried to use a synchronization in the SendController before the
Aggregator using onComplete() and onFailure().
But Camel just says "Exception occurred during onCompletion. This
exception will be ignored."

So how can I propagate an exception for a timeout back to the caller
route over the incoming endpoint of my context component?

Thanks,
Sven