camel-users mailing list archives

From bocamel <johnz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to return early from a direct: subroute?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:09:43 GMT
Thank you all very much for responding to my question and for offering
solutions.  I have implemented my application using a combination of headers
and <choice>.  But I also concluded that there is not a simple and elegant
way to do what I intended to do.  I wish the great Camel team will add such
a feature in a future release.

<feature request>

Add a new property header in Exchange:  ROUTE_RETURN

When processing an exchange in a direct route, if this property is true,
then Camel will stop propagating this exchange through the rest of the
direct route and return the exchange back to the caller of the direct route.
It is the responsibility of the user who sets this property to set the camel
message body/headers so that the caller of the direct route can continue to
process it.

The exception/error handling can stay the same, i.e. they do not need to
check this property.

</feature request>