camel-users mailing list archives

From cubiks <daniel.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Bridging a HTTPS endpoint using HTTP4 Camel component
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 15:55:18 GMT
Hello,

I had recently have to move from using Jetty component on the producer side
to using Camel Http4 component, here is an example:

<route id="bridgeWithJetty">
  <from
uri="jetty:http://0.0.0.0:{{port}}/bridgeWithJetty?matchOnUriPrefix=true" />
  <to uri="jetty:https://{{host}}/{{ctxPath}}/?bridgeEndpoint=true" />
</route>

<route id="bridgeWithHttp4">
  <from
uri="jetty:http://0.0.0.0:{{port}}/bridgeWithHttp4?matchOnUriPrefix=true" />
  <to uri="https4://{{host}}/{{ctxPath}}/?bridgeEndpoint=true" />
</route>

The endpoint I am trying to bridge is using SSL, which with jetty component
on the producer (client) side was not a problem.
After changing to HTTP4 I am seeing this error:

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387)
	at
sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292)
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
	at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
	at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
	at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
	at
sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1491)
	... 54 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:146)
	at
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:131)
	at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382)
	... 60 more

I don't really understand this error, since I'm a client of this endpoint
why is it looking for certificates?
Is this happening because I am bridging?
Could you provide any hints on how I can solve this or why this is behaving
differently than when using the jetty component?

Many thanks,
Daniel