camel-users mailing list archives

From FabianChanton <>
Subject Re: RabbitMQ: Declare queue on existing exchange
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:21:38 GMT
I solved this problem by making a few changes to camel-rabbitMQ.

These are the parts that cause the problem:

- If the consumer declares a queue it always declares the exchange as well.
I now check, if the exchange name is null or empty and in that case don't
declare the exchange. Maybe an option similar to "skipQueueDeclare" would be
a good idea

- If the name of the queue to be declared is not specified, the consumer
generates a random name. In my use case the server does not allow access to
such random names. It is necessary to declare the queue without a name. The
server then generates a name and grants the user access to it.

At the moment this solves the problem for me but it would be nice, if
camel-rabbitMQ could be configured in such a way to support my usecase.

Best regards

Fabian Chanton