camel-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Moquin <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Restarting CamelContext and re-resolving endpoint URIs
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:25:25 GMT
Hi,

I normally use OSGi with Camel therefore I am able to take advantage of the
fact that when a property that is used in an endpoint url, is changed in
it's configuration file, the camel context reloads and the endpoint uri is
rebuilt with the updated property value.

I'm working on a project that currently isn't using OSGi, is there a way to
mimic the same thing without it?  I am able to detect property file
changes, and then invoke a stop and start on a CamelContext, but it still
hangs onto the old endpoint uri.  Is there a way to cause the
PropertiesComponent to reload the properties and the endpoint uris to get
re-resolved?  I saw there is a cache flag on the PropertiesComponent, I
didn't see any documentation on exactly what that does.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan