camel-users mailing list archives

From Debraj Manna <subharaj.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Http Connection Pooling in Camel
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:10:37 GMT
Hi,

I am using Camel as an Orchestration Engine.

clients sends HTTP request <-> CAMEL code <---- HTTP Req----- > external
server(s)

I am using HTTP4 Component (with default settings) for making HTTP Requests
to external server. I have quite a few http backends.

Right now the way we are making http calls to our backend is as follow:-

// The producer is created during app initialisation. This is actually done
via blueprint.xml
ProducerTemplate producer = camelContext.createProducerTemplate();

// Whenever I need to make a http call I am executing the below code with
URL set as something like:- "http4://order-api:8099/orders/v1/ordersearch/"

Exchange exchange = producer.request(URL, new Processor() {
        @Override
        log.info("Executing the HTTP request : URL - " + URL + " Headers -
" + headers + " Body : " + body);
        exchange.getIn().setHeaders(headers);
        exchange.getIn().setBody(body);
        }
    });

The query I am having is:-

   1. Does HTTP4 in the default setting camel uses some http connection
   pooling while making a call to the external servers?
   2. If yes Is there a way I can configure the connection pooling from
   blueprint.xml?

I am using Camel 2.16.1 and the application is deployed in Karaf 3.0.5.