camel-users mailing list archives

From murt_ryan <martin.e.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel 2.17 camel-cdi injection problem
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 15:00:51 GMT
Hi,
Apologies if my question is not clear but here goes:

I am currently experiencing problems with camel-cdi injection after moving
from Camel 2.16 to 2.17. I realise alot of work has gone on in this area in
this new release.

I am trying to run camel as part of JBoss EAP 6.4 (I cannot use Wildfly with
the camel extensions, and I cannot use Fuse which my company pays for (as it
currently only supports camel 2.16 and I need elasticsearch 2.0 support
which is only available in camel 2.17))

The fault:
WELD-000119 Not generating any bean definitions from
org.apache.camel.cdi.Main because of underlying class loading error

Which I tracked down to as being caused by
 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Lorg/apache/deltaspike/cdise/api/CdiContainer;

It seems that the inclusion of deltaspike in 2.17 is optional (from
camel-cdi pom.xml file)

 DeltaSpike is only used to provide Main support thus optional
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.cdictrl</groupId>
                    <artifactId>deltaspike-cdictrl-api</artifactId>
                    <version>${deltaspike-version}</version>
                    <optional>true</optional>
                </dependency>

How can i ensure that the jar file is included in camel-cdi 2.17?

thanks
/murt