camel-users mailing list archives

From camrider <smcclena...@gmail.com>
Subject Activity feeds and email notifications
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:51:39 GMT
I am new to Camel and have immersed myself in lots of tutorials and examples,
but I still can't seem to get what I want with regards to implementing from
scratch an activity feed. Camel was recommended in a response to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16861026/need-a-framework-for-a-notification-dashboard-system
, and an answer says:
You would first create a topic to which you post messages. Then when a user
registers for email notifications, you would add an email endpoint for
him/her. And when they opt-out of Email, you will remove that endpoint.

I would like the last n (say 10) events stored with the user to represent an
activity feed, but also have an email (optionally) sent on the event if the
user subscribes to it. For example the system has Projects and Users, and
Users can choose to follow a Project so they will be notified of a Project
status change in their feed and optional email message sent.

I have installed JBoss Fuse Integration in Eclipse to try and make some sort
of diagram of this, but I don't think I can represent the dynamic management
of endpoints as described in a static diagram. Unless I use a pattern like
Recipient List? If so then how do I dynamically create the list? With a
custom processor?

The other thing I want to know is what goes in the message that is being
routed? Can the original message/event contain only a Project id and then
Camel components can lookup the object and do queries to find the rest of
the information, like Project details, followers, and their User details
like email address? Or should all that information be gathered up front so
that components can be configured with no need to access external resources
(like a database)?