camel-users mailing list archives

From jamesburn <>
Subject Re: file trigger processing lots of files
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:21:32 GMT

Many thanks for your hints Quinn.

With some playing, I've got Controlbus to work fairly well. I could have
done with using that a year ago!

Regarding stopping the second (main processing) route, I was leaning towards
using the exchange property CamelBatchComplete as a trigger. However, this
seems to be set to true as soon as the last file file is collected, not
processed/deposited, so if there's a delay in the processing of a file, it
is stopped too early. I tested this by putting a delay in my route for one

I thought about having another route count the number of files in the "done"
folder and somehow use this as a route-stop-trigger, but I can't get the
number of files to expect, and in any case feel I'm not really using Camel
the way it's intended.

Have you any other thoughts/tricks I can use? Shall I post a stripped down
version of my routes?