camel-users mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>
Subject Re: cxf:bean doesn't resolve properties with CamelBlueprintTestSupport
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:37:53 GMT
I think it’s the startup order.  I think the loadConfigAdminConfigurationFile() method was
intended to override existing properties - not provide the initial values.  When there aren’t
any property keys at all in the context, the initial creation fails before the overrides can
take effect (by a bundle reload).

I’m guessing a little here because I’ve always provided defaults for these, and then I
override them (either in a test or in a real environment) only when I need to.  Providing
sensible defaults for my production stuff in there greatly reduces the number of PID/cfg files
I need to maintain - I only have to drop them in production when something changes and I need
to react quickly (i.e. before I can repackage the bundle with the new default values).  Eventually,
I will replace the defaults and get rid of the PID/cfg in production.

BTW - I normally use the useOverridePropertiesWithConfigAdmin() instead of the loadConfigAdminConfigurationFile()
method because I like to keep the property values I’m changing for the test in the test
class itself rather than in a file somewhere.  Personal preference - just another option.

Hopefully someone with a greater knowledge of the inner workings of CamelBlueprintTestSupport
will correct me if I’m off-base on this one.