camel-users mailing list archives

From Antonin Stefanutti <anto...@stefanutti.fr>
Subject Re: Camel and CDI moving from CdiCamelContext to CamelContext
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:44:53 GMT

> On 19 Feb 2016, at 19:37, Agusti Tomas <agusti.tomas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am new to Camel and relatively new to mailing lists so apologies in
> advance if I don't stick to the rules. Constructive feedback is always
> welcome and I'm a fast learner!

We’re here to help :)

> So I am moving from JBoss EAP 6.1 to 6.4 and installing Fuse 6.2.1 on top.
> I was using 2.15.1 before the move and now using 2.15.1.redhat-621084 with
> the idea that I could mark it as provided and not bundle it up with the war
> (that is not working but I'll write a separate question for it as it works
> when I scope it to compile).
>
> So anyway, after reading a bit:
> - http://camel.apache.org/cdi.html
> - https://wildflyext.gitbooks.io/wildfly-camel/content/javaee/cdi.html
> -
> http://blog.eisele.net/2015/07/using-camel-routes-in-java-ee-components.html
>
> To give you an idea, before I had it working doing something similar to:
> -
> https://github.com/myfear/CamelEE7/blob/master/src/main/java/org/javaee7/extra/camel/Bootstrap.java
>
> I managed to deploy but changing from CdiCamelContext and removing the
> manual bootstrap gives me the following error when trying to use my
> application:
>
> WELD-000049 Unable to invoke [method] @PostConstruct public
> org.apache.camel.cdi.CdiCamelContext.start() on CamelContext(camel-2)
>
> Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?

So you can still be using CdiCamelContext. The Camel CDI documentation has just been updated
for the upcoming 2.17.0 release. That release comes with an improved Camel CDI component that
can managed any kind of CamelContext so that you don’t have to use CDI specific thing.

However, it previous versions, you still have to use CdiCamelContext. I’ll make that clearer
in the documentation.

Let us know if that answers your question.