camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Invoking Dynamic OSGi Blueprint services from a Java RouteBuilder
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 22:15:15 GMT
On 02.02.2016 23:08, Quinn Stevenson wrote:
> Christian -
>
> I don’t know about a class loader issue, but I do know when I run the route configured
as you have it below, I’m not getting a proxy to the service.  I know this because if I
stop the bundle containing the OSGi service, the Camel context keeps running - I don’t get
a ServiceUnavailableException after the timeout.  In fact, it keeps using whatever is injected
into the RouteBuilder.

> I think that’s where the class loader thing came from - it appear to be using the implementation
of the service directly - not via a Blueprint proxy.

It is normal that the camel context keeps running as blueprint uses
service damping. So the proxy should remain the same when the service
goes away or changes.
I would expect the service call to block and return
ServiceUnavailableException after the blueprint service timeout though
in case there is no service.

Sounds quite strange.

Can you check in karaf using the service:list command that there is
really no Echo service running anymore?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider