camel-users mailing list archives

From "ayache.k" <ayache.khet...@gmail.com>
Subject eaked UDP ports from the logging using MDCSiftingAppender
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 08:55:34 GMT
Hi

Recently we started using MDCSiftingAppender to push logs into syslog and
we've noticed leaked UDP ports - see config set below. Here is a little bit
of context, we deploy around 20 bundles into apache Karaf and in one
occasion we've noticed around 26 thousands ports for syslog appender and
another same number for the file appender. It appears there is a UDP port
leak somehow but haven't figured out where in the code it's happening.

I am not sure if this is the best forum to get help with this. Just
wondering if anyone experienced this, any direction to relevant forums would
be also helpful.

Thanks

Ayache

*snippet from org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg*

# Sift appender
log4j.appender.sift=org.apache.log4j.sift.MDCSiftingAppender
log4j.appender.sift.key=camel.breadcrumbId
log4j.appender.sift.default=karaf
log4j.appender.sift.appender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.sift.appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.sift.appender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} | %-5.5p |
%X{camel.routeId} | %X{bundle.name} - %X{bundle.version} |
%X{camel.breadcrumbId} | %m%n
log4j.appender.sift.appender.file=${karaf.data}/log/karaf.log
log4j.appender.sift.appender.append=true
log4j.appender.sift.appender.maxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.sfit.appender.maxBackupIndex=10

# Sift syslog appender - this is uncommented and adjust per environment
log4j.appender.syslog=org.apache.log4j.sift.MDCSiftingAppender
log4j.appender.syslog.key=camel.breadcrumbId
log4j.appender.syslog.default=karaf
log4j.appender.syslog.appender=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.Facility=local6
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.SyslogHost=localhost:514
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.Header=true
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.syslog.appender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} | %-5.5p