camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Camel Netty4 component tcp client reconnect limit
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:13:11 GMT
I just checked the code, camel just calls the openChannel method recursively until the connection
is established when starting the NettyConsumer in client mode.
It could be good idea to fail fast by throwing the exception out after a couple of retries.

Willem Jiang

Blog: (English) (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On January 8, 2016 at 5:01:12 PM, Jojo Paderes ( wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> >
> > I do not think so. But if there was such an option what should happen
> > after the exception? Should it just never try again? Or is the idea to
> > have an error being logged every 20th failed attempt or something?
> >

> What I have in mind is that the tcp client will reconnect for a certain
> number of attempts (can be set as an option in the endpoint url), and if
> the connection still fails after x attempts an exception is thrown (which
> is then handled in Camel error handling).

View raw message