camel-users mailing list archives

From Antonin Stefanutti <anto...@stefanutti.fr>
Subject Re: State of the camel-cdi component
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 18:55:14 GMT
Hi Tim,

We are actively working on improving the Camel CDI integration for the upcoming 2.17.0 release.
This is followed-up in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9201.

That will be essentially the merging of the work being done in https://github.com/astefanutti/camel-cdi.

This will bring, among other things, better CDI programming model integration plus the portability
to all targeted runtimes (Java SE, servlets containers, Java EE, OSGi with the expositing
of the CDI camel contexts as OSGi services) and implementations (Weld and OpenWebBeans).

In the meantime, you can use the version in https://github.com/astefanutti/camel-cdi as a
drop-in replacement and switch back to the official one once that gets merged and released
into the official component.

Antonin