camel-users mailing list archives

From Khai Nguyen <khaing...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A silly idea?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 19:29:13 GMT
I have been using Camel at work for sometimes and I love Camel.

Here, we think about Camel having 2 pieces: *component* (I use this term
loosely to mean non-route) which is written only in code and *route* which
could be written in any particular DSL (groovy, java, xml,...).

The component is fixed in term of deployment. The route becomes the hot
deploy unit. You can do

   1. OSGI if your route is in java DSL or any JVM language, because it is
   a jar now.
   2. A simple route deployer if your route is in XML or Groovy.
   3. ...

Our application is just a simple java application with /lib and /route
directories and a shell script to run the main method.

We wrote a maven archetype to generate our standard minimal (cuz we don't
want to ship 1GB of useless jar) camel project. Then you add more
components depend on what your application have to do. Then we ship the
application.

Camel, at core, is just a integration library allows you to send
datas/commands/requests from a endpoint to a endpoint(s).