camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: A silly idea?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:40:36 GMT
The problem is that people have different requirements for the runtime.
For example the hot deployment is a reason to choose OSGi but not everyone
needs that.

You should have a look at Apache Karaf. It might provide just the
environment you search for.

I got a tutorial that shows how to deploy your camel integrations to Apache
Karaf. It is quite simple and straight forward.

Btw. I just noticed that my tutorial covers a quite ancient version of
karaf. I will update it for the new karaf 4 command syntax.

There are also some offerings from companies that build on Apache Karaf and
provide some add on functionality like
Talend ESB or Jboss Fuse. You can do most things with just the open source
version though.