camel-users mailing list archives

From "Walzer, Thomas" <>
Subject Re: HL7/netty4/BodyType: io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:58:51 GMT
Problem is: I have a simple example that works fine. My more elaborate version breaks. But
basically it is:

The netty4 listening to my message gets the message and returns an ack. When I try to get
it as a string—>it breaks.
I do have a DefaultErrorhandler configured. But it should not kick in if everything works

When I change the netty4 endpoint to mina2 -> it works. So I assume the problem lies with
the netty4 component. Maybe the codecs? Why do I not use mina2? Because ultimately I want
TLS which is broken with mina2 in my version of Camel.

It seems like some problem with redelivery as Claus suggested, however I am still puzzled…

Cheers, Thomas.

> Am 22.01.2016 um 08:20 schrieb Claus Ibsen <>:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Walzer, Thomas
> <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> camel-2.15.2
>> I can successfully send to a HL7-Server, however I have troubles accessing the resulting
>> Unfortunately it is of type UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf and type conversion to string
>> ....On delivery attempt: 2 caught: org.apache.camel.TypeConversionException: Error
during type conversion from type: java.lang.String to the required type: java.lang.String
with value UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf(freed) due io.netty.util.IllegalReferenceCountException:
refCnt: 0
> Sounds like you are doing redelivery and the byte buf is not reset on
> redelivery or something so the data stream becomes empty and not
> convertable to a string type. A bit like when you are not using stream
> caching
>> Any ideas how to work with the ACK (besides logging which works)?
>> Cheers, Thomas.
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> @davsclaus