camel-users mailing list archives

From "Kasim Sert (Ibtech-Software Infrastructure)" <kasim.s...@ibtech.com.tr>
Subject FTP and SFTP connect method difference
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:05:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a camel application which polls thousands of folders in both ftp and sftp modes. Because
of too many connection overhead, I am trying to pool connections. I have tried to pool RemoteFileOperations
objects using DefaultServicePool utility and it seem to be working good for sftp case. However
it does not work for ftp case since it does not control if its already connected to ftp at
the beggining of connect method.

SftpOperations case :
    public boolean connect(RemoteFileConfiguration configuration) throws GenericFileOperationFailedException
{
        if (isConnected()) {
            // already connected
            return true;
        }

Since FtpOperations does not have this control it always reconnects. Is this a development
bug or done for purpose.
What do you suggest me as a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/Finansbank>  [Twitter] <http://twitter.com/finansbank>

[https://www.finansbank.com.tr/Disclaimer/BannerImages.aspx?date=11.01.201611:0500]<https://www.finansbank.com.tr/Disclaimer/Bannerlink.aspx?date=11.01.201611:0500>

Bu e-posta'n?n i?erdi?i bilgiler (ekleri dahil olmak ?zere) gizlidir. Onay?m?z olmaks?z?n
???nc? ki?ilere a?iklanamaz. Bu mesaj?n g?nderilmek istendi?i ki?i de?ilseniz, l?tfen mesaj?
sisteminizden derhal siliniz. IBTech A.?. bu mesaj?n i?erdi?i bilgilerin do?rulu?u veya eksiksiz
oldu?u konusunda bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bilgilerin ne ?ekilde olursa olsun
i?eri?inden, iletilmesinden, al?nmas?ndan, saklanmas?ndan sorumlu de?ildir. Bu mesaj?n i?eri?i
yazar?na ait olup, IBTech A.?.'nin g?r??lerini i?ermeyebilir.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments)is confidential. It must
not be disclosed to any person without our authority. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it from your system immediately. IBTech A.S. makes no warranty as to the accuracy
or completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby excludes any liability
of any kind for the information contained therein or for the information transmission, reception,
storage or use of such in any way whatsoever. Any opinions expressed in this message are those
of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of IBTech A.S.