camel-users mailing list archives

From jpeschke <>
Subject Issues when suspeding JMSConsumers with "receiveTimeout"
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:36:01 GMT
I followed Claus' suggestion about implementing an own route policy for
throttling the reception of incoming JMS messages if there is too much work
to be done (see  Limit number of JMS messages when processing asynchronously

Actually, this works like a charm (Again, thank you Claus!) :).

The only issue I still have is with the "receiveTimeout" setting of the JMS
When I suspend the consumer via the "stopConsumer" method of the

, it seems that Camel waits for the blocking  receive(long timeout)-Method
before it completely suspends the consumer.
So if I choose a high value for the "receiveTimeout" setting to prevent too
many reconnects, the suspension can take a lot of time.

Is there any way of working around this issue? We are still using Camel
2.13.1 (switching to a later version is planned), maybe there are
workarounds in a later Camel version?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

Best regards,