camel-users mailing list archives

From Kay <seey...@gmail.com>
Subject A silly idea?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 06:37:15 GMT
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I've used camel for a long time. ( as a
matter of fact, I can't imagine the thing that I am able to do my java
project without camel ). Anyway, a question teased me whenever I use Camel.
The question was "why is there no base framework for only camel?" In the
other word, I believe it would be better if there was a certain
light-weighted environment supporing camel with some better functionalities
like concurrency, extensibility, hot deploy. So, when I told my colleague
about this idea, he replied, "Use zookeeper for failure tolerance, use OSGI
for hot deploy, use Storm or Spark for data distribution. You don't need to
build another similar thing for your own purpose." But I can't make certain
with his words because I can't understand the reason why I should control so
many applications for my project. I just want a light-weighted all-in-one
package. Is building such an all-in-one package for camel a silly idea? How
do you think about that?